Saturday 28 April 2012

We apologise for the break in transmission.........


Regular followers of this blog will be all too well aware that only one item has been posted this month, and we are nearly at the end of April already. There is certainly no shortage of material which could have been (and I hope will soon be) the subject of blog entries, but time has been against me.

The explanation is simply that I have been far too busy with fee-paying work in the past month to be able to spare the time to write blog entries, and I then took a much-needed 10-day holiday, before plunging back into the maelstrom of planning problems which urgently require my attention.

The irony is that this blog is suffering from its own success. I explained on the ‘Introduction’ page that this blog was never intended as a marketing tool, but in practice it has brought in a huge amount of work, and continues to do so. It is this factor alone that has slowed the flow of blog articles to a trickle.

Fortunately, I have three very experienced colleagues in our planning law team, which enables us to share out work across the team to even up the workload. I certainly don’t want to have to work quite such long hours as I have done in the past few months. (Easter was effectively cancelled for me this year – it just didn’t happen.) I hope and believe that I have now got my workload under control, and so I am aiming to publish rather more blog entries in the next month than I have in the past few weeks.

So, as the old cliché goes – “Watch this space.”

© MARTIN H GOODALL

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW COMMENTS ON THIS BLOG ARE NOW CLOSED.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.