Wednesday 20 April 2011

One year on


As you get older, time seems to pass ever more quickly, and it hardly seems a year since this blog was re-launched in April 2010; but we have now reached the first anniversary of its re-appearance, and within the past year nearly 140 separate articles have been published here. Readership has been increasing steadily every month, so that by the end of March page views per month were well above the 3,000 mark and still rising.

I hope to maintain frequent postings in the future and to cover an interesting and varied range of topics. I still haven’t got around to completing the archive, so that there is still quite a lot of missing material from the previous version of this blog from the 2007 to 2008 period which remains to be added to the archive pages, even if we strip out the purely ephemeral stuff. I also had a vague idea of adding in some items from the missing year (from April 2009 to April 2010) when this blog did not appear on the internet. Maybe I can manage that at some time in the twelve months to come.

Client work naturally continues to take priority, and will do so for some years yet. So the frequency of posts may still be a bit variable, although I hope that you won’t have too long to wait between each new item.

So far as content is concerned, there is no point in my repeating news items which are readily accessible from a number of other sources, and so my aim as far as possible is to add some useful comment to planning law topics that are in the news. There certainly seems to be no shortage of raw material.

The longer term future of this blog is not easy to predict, and I have a number of ideas which I hope to develop over a period of time. Meanwhile, I will continue to do my best to make this blog interesting and informative and I hope you will continue to enjoy reading it.

© MARTIN H GOODALL

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW COMMENTS ON THIS BLOG ARE NOW CLOSED.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.